Ulysses for Mac is your one-stop writing environment on OS X. Whether you’re a novelist, a journalist, a student or a blogger – if you love to write and write a lot, Ulysses gives you a uniquely streamlined toolset, covering every phase of the writing process:
- A powerful, yet simple text editor.
- A familiar, no-nonsense text library.
- A comprehensive and truly flexible multi-format export.
Of course, the heart and soul of a writing app is its editor. And Ulysses is said to have the best text editor in the world. It offers everything you need – from markup to images and footnotes, from links to comments and code –, and it still manages to stay completely out of the way. It’s a beautiful and focused experience, which turns the every-day chore of writing into *actual fun*.
But since Ulysses takes writing seriously, it does not stop at the editor. Its unified library offers unprecedented access to everything you’ll ever write, be it snippets and ideas, be it blog posts or manuscripts. Every text is at your fingertips, and Ulysses perfectly scales from scratchpad to diary to Great American Novels – and to everything in-between.
Once you’re finished, export is only a click away. Ulysses can transform your text into beautiful PDFs, web pages, standard e-books and Rich Text documents. You can copy as HTML or save to the cloud as Markdown. Export is as easy as selecting a format, selecting a style, and selecting a destination. Yes, 1-2-3.
Best of all, Ulysses offers fully-fledged, no-holds-barred, all-out iCloud sync. Ulysses is available for both Mac and iPad, and every connected device has access to everything and anything you’ll ever write. Synchronization is simple, seamless and neither requires third-party apps, nor any kind of interaction. If you got iCloud, you got sync.
### FEATURES ###
Focus & Concentration
- Markup-based text editor
- Clean, distraction free interface
- Typewriter Scrolling
- Light and dark fullscreen modes
Write & Edit
- Simple markup for headlines, lists, comments, quotes, important passages and more
- Easy insertion of links, annotations and footnotes
- Drag’n’drop placement of images with live preview
- Option to attach keywords, notes and images
- Smart Copy & Paste
- Search & Replace
- Spell check, grammar check, auto correction & dictionary
- Dictation & Speech support
- Writing goals (characters, words, pages etc.)
- Comprehensive text statistics
File & Organize
- A single library for all texts
- Sorting by date, by title or manually
- Groups, intelligent filters, favorites
- Full iCloud synchronization
- Automatic versioning and version control
- Import and editing of text files from external folders
- Global search
Export & Processing
- Export as PDF, RTF, TXT, Markdown, HTML and ePub
- Live preview, send as email
- Pre-selected styles for export
- Edit and create styles via CSS, share via Ulysses Style Exchange
- Share files via Dropbox
User Interface & Navigation
- Designed for OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Simple, three-paned layout (library, sheet list, editor)
- Option to hide library and sheet list
- Functional markup bar (aka cheat sheet)
- Full keyboard navigation
- Easy text navigation via structure and bookmarks
- Light and dark editor modes
- Hand picked color palettes, easy customization
and so much more…
The Upgrade Update
## BIG STUFF
New name: Ulysses for Mac is now called just that. No more Roman numerals.
Seamless sync with Ulysses for iPad: That’s right. Ulysses is now also available on iPad. It’s the full monty. And it syncs via iCloud.
Updated interface: Redesigned almost every aspect based on Yosemite’s fresh new look. Cleaned house in the process.
Attachment bar: Attachments now have their proper place. Again.
New home for favs: Favorites have moved to the sidebar. Where they belonged in the first place.
Status indicators: Sheets show up- and download status, favorite status, attachment status. It’s complicated.
Dark Mode to the fullest: Why should sidebars have all the fun? We give 5 shades of grey to every element (and it’s beautiful)!
Completely revamped Quick Export and Preview: Now with TXT and ePub preview, better handling and simply the best Ulysses export ever.
Almost 200 group and filter icons: You wanted more, we give you more.
Speaking of icons: A new icon! Out with the old, in with the new! The caterpillar evolved into a beautiful butterfly. Hope you like it. Thanks, Jono!
Handoff support: Start on one device, finish on another. In theory *and* in practice.
Open Files: You can now drag and drop single text/markdown files onto Ulysses’ (new, shiny) icon and edit these files *in place*. Just like that.
## SMALL STUFF
Tons of bugfixes. One off the most prominent being spell chek, which no longer automtigically disables itselv.
Everything should be way snappier than before.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10.0 or later, 64-bit processor
15.7 KB Views: 75